About Me

My photo
Chatty, mischievous and evolving over with time. I am trying to make sense of everything around me and having loads of fun along the way! Oh, I want to be a better person along the way.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Officially...

The week started on a very good note. I got notice on Friday that the result of my ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) exam would be released on Monday but that only students that have paid their annual dues would be able to access the portal. I am still pained as it was my last exam and wouldn't need the student site anymore plus that money would have bought me some fantastic shoes. My frequent readers would recall that the last time I wrote the exam was in 2008.

I passed three out of four then and decided to take a break. I couldn't write it in 2009 'cos I was doing my LLM and since I was doing double degrees, there was no extra time to spare. Fast-forward to 2011, I decided to take the plunge again. Studying and working full-time is very difficult. The exam was written in June, one of the busiest times of my career so far. I would get home at 10pm or later and still study.

I also remember hiding in one of the conference rooms during break to study. And the week of the exam, I juggling my office and the conference room! I was not given exam leave as you had to have applied about 4 months before the exam. I couldn't 'cos I had not spent u to months then.

The exam itself, was alright except I didn't finish! I answered three out of four questions and I was worried. I can't afford not to pass. The first time around I didn't study hard enough 'cos all my devotion went into the other course, Corporate Financial Management. The whole debt/equity/(in)solvency calculations and formulas was overwhelming. I had to go back to SS1 maths text books to cope and I got a maths tutor to take me through! It was that hard. I still hate maths.

Here we are in August and I passed with a merit! So I am officially an ICSA grad now. Yep, I can add Chartered Secretary to my titles! The funny thing is, when I was at law school, I swore I wouldn't study for any more exams! I finished and I immediately registered for the ICSA. Then I repeated the mantra but I still went ahead to do an LLM not one but two. That done, I registered for my ICSA retake. Now that I have conquered that, I am wondering whether to register for another professional course. I am either crazy or I love studying!

To everyone having a set back in any of their goals or targets, don't let anything deter you, just keep at it, keep working hard and you will reach it with time to spare.
Have a blessed week.

13 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

Congrats! You are not crazy just ambitious. Which is a good thing.

@ilola said...

Congrats! Glad the result was worth effort

LusciousRon said...

Madame Sting: Thanks
@ilola: Thank you

kitkat said...

congrats girlie!

Random One said...

Congrats!! Law degree + LLM + ICSA...na you biko!!

Apinke said...

Congrats darling! Proud of u. u r officially Ömowe!

Myne said...

Congrats even though it's belated. Ho you dey?

Nefertiti said...

Congrats my sistah. Big things popping! :)

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings and congratulations.

Rhapsody
http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix

Afronuts said...

Thank God you scaled thru...it seemed everything was out to stop you...from incomprehensible subject to denied study leave ( this part is so unfair!)

But you made it! Kudos girl!!

Muse Origins said...

Writing an exam without a break from work is hard work. Well done oh

Adiya
Muse Origins
Muse Origins FB

Anonymous said...

What?! You're not blogging anymore? :-( (Queen of my Castle;-))

Carol Lee said...

True. Hindrances and difficulties are just added ingredient for us to strive and harder and eventually overcome them to achieve our dreams.
Dolce and Gabbana perfume