About Me

My photo
Chatty, mischievous and evolving over with time. I am trying to make sense of everything around me and having loads of fun along the way! Oh, I want to be a better person along the way.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Here Again.

Ramadan Kareem to all my Muslim brothers and sisters. How is everyone doing? This fasting is not easy seriously. I am not a big eater but declare fasting and all the things I wouldn't normally touch just becomes very desirable.

To compound matters, workload has reduced drastically which leaves room for a lot of distractions. I can't even fall asleep to catch up on the extra early hours I have to wake up. The courts are on vacation, so I can't even pick anyone's brain from the Advocacy department and the Olori oko has gone on vacation! I am in Transactions and we get busy all year round but it's like the clients all got a memo to go on holiday!

I have a sneaky feeling they will all return in September and bombard us with their mostly insurmountable problems! Usually caused by greed and lack of patience. I am almost dreading the endless meetings and back & forth emails. Most especially the foreign lawyers who all think they are superior. We have been putting them firmly in their place sha! I have been closing early too, I am dancing for joy for that at least! When everyone comes back, it will be back to the 15hr work days and work vigils!

Most of all, I like this period. The calmness of Ramadan, I can't really engage in the heated discussions as wont to do by lawyers when they are less busy. The reading of the Qur'an in serene moments. My colleagues have even stopped eating in my office out of respect! Yay.
I share an office with a guy and it's just the two of us while the others are in a pool. So people sneak into my office to eat all sorts instead of going two floors down to the kitchen.
I don't miss the distractions they bring especially when I am busy!

On an unrelated note, Our Presido is falling my hand o. This single term proposal is ill-timed and not what he should focus on at this time. I remember his meeting with the youths, it took place right across my office, where he promised to tackle power. Why has he forgotten that so soon? At the very least, he should focus on the health sector. May God guide us right.

My next spate of weddings is October, plenty time for my finances to rest before they take another hit. Seriously though, I will soon stop on the aso-ebi. I don't need it. Mostly over-priced things I would never pick for myself. No accounting for taste in some. I recently saw one, and it looked like something you would use to cover a table as decoration. It was supposed to be silk damask, but we have a material so light, it cannot be constructed into anything meaningful to justify the price. I have politely declined.

Have a blessed weekend people.

7 comments:

Emaleecious said...

lol @...it looked like something you would use to cover a table as decoration.

Nefertiti said...

Eiyah. Pele. Happy fasting to you, my sister. Maybe I need to join you in this fast sef, but my reasons are TOTALLY weight related *sigh*.

I hope you take full advantage of this lull. September is right around the corner though.

LOL@ your aso-ebi situation. I only buy aso-ebi for family. My friends know better than to even ask me. If I love you finish, I will pay for it, but you can bet that I will not wear it to your event. Just me, though. Pele, e go better.

Random One said...

That president bin fall my hand from the get. I just couldn't see him actually doing anything but i was hoping he would prove me wrong. It's very vexing.

Hope you are able to make the most this Ramadan season.

LusciousRon said...

Ema Leecious: How I for do na?

Nefertiti: My egbon, thanks. I eat more during this period actually. Twice rather than my usual once a day meals! I wish I could be like you on the aso-ebi policy!

Random One: I tire o. I am indeed trying to make the most of the season. Thank you.

Myne said...

I hear you on fasting making you eat more, I do the same, lol..

As for Goodluck, he has already fall my hand. Na wa for so-called leaders, so selfish.

Vera Ezimora said...

My lawyer, is has tey oh!!! *sad*

It's always like that with fasting .. You start wanting things you wouldn't have wanted. Speaking of which, a spicy bowl of noodles is calling my name sef.

P.S. My blog is now on Wordpress, so you'll have to add http://feeds.feedburner.com/verastic to your blog roll to get my updates :-(

LusciousRon said...

Myne: Glad I am not alone. You right on that selfish score. Unfeelingly so!

Vera: It has been long! I wondered and wondered who to ask where my beloved Verastic has gone! I am adding you now!